At the Ring Boxing Club, boxers range in age, are both men and women, and include an award-winning author.
Five men accused of orchestrating the Sept. 11 attacks, including the self-proclaimed mastermind, are headed back to a military tribunal at Guantanamo Bay Saturday, more than three years after President Barack Obama put the case on hold in a failed effort to move the proceedings to a civilian court and close the prison at the U.S. base in Cuba.
Khalid Sheikh Mohammed, who told military authorities that he was responsible for the planning of the terror assault “from A to Z,” previously mocked the tribunal and said he would welcome the death penalty. His co-defendant, Ramzi Binalshibh, told the court that he was proud of the attacks. But Binalshibh’s lawyer tells the AP he doesn’t think any of the men will plead guilty at the arraignment.
Miami Herald: Hundreds Vie For Seats At Gitmo 9/11 Trial