Monday night Mitt Romney predicted he’ll pull out a victory in today’s primary in Michigan. But aides to Rick Santorum are already claiming victory, telling ABC that however their candidate fares, Romney will be damaged by what’s been a close race in his home state. Romney is expected to win Arizona’s primary today.
There was speculation that Rick Santorum was robo-calling Obama Democrats to make mischief, to get them to vote for Santorum in this open primary and thereby undermine Romney’s run.
But Jennifer Chambers, a reporter for the Detroit News, found Republican-leaning Democrats at the polls, trying to choose between Santorum and Romney.
- ABC News: Can Rick Santorum Score A Michigan Upset?
- Fox News: Romney blasts Santorum for ‘dirty trick’ calls to Michigan Dems encouraging vote in GOP primary
- Detroit News: Michigan voters head to polls in GOP primary
- Detroit Free Press: Michigan primary live blog
This article has been updated since the radio story aired.
- Jennifer Chambers, reporter for the Detroit News